Sunday, April 10, 2011

Juxtapose! The Graduate Thesis Show of Ethan Mongin and Alan Hawley




After two years, the big day is finally coming! My graduate illustration show is just on the horizon. The culmination of three months of intense work will be revealed to the general public the week of May 8. The show is going to be amazing! I'm going to make a future blog post that explains the thought process behind my thesis, so I won't go into too much detail here. To sum it up, I've taken Alice Through the Looking Glass, Oliver Twist, and Treasure Island and illustrated them in a style of artwork I like to call "Victorian Cartoonism". My show mate Alan Hawley is a master of comic book realism. He will be showing paintings that combine science fiction elements with religious figures from Hinduism, Christianity and Norse Mythology.

You can check out the show at Studioplex in Atlanta, GA.
The gallery will be open May 8 - 13, from 1 - 5 p.m. daily.
We will have a reception on May 10, from 7 to 10 p.m.
Check out our facebook page for more information.