Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Treasure Island Illustrations













My second illustrated classic project is Treasure Island. Treasure Island has many iconic, atmospheric, and downright creepy scenes to it. It's an illustrator's paradise of visual ideas. My initial plan was to emphasize just how haunting the tale was, but I chose in the end to do a more light hearted version. As much as I wanted to illustrate cartoon mayhem, I avoided some of the more memorable moments of the story...such as the classic "I'll blow your brains out" moment that transpired between Jim and the treacherous first mate. Doing the artwork as a panorama also limited some of my illustration choices. In the end, I'm content with the finished product. There's an equal number of action scenes and static so it's not too intense and not too boring either.

No comments:

Post a Comment